First, Sacha started her third trimester yesterday! I want to send out a big congratulations to her for making it this far. She is doing a wonderful job. The honeymoon of the second trimester seems to be coming to a close, as she's had a lot more aches and pains recently. Luckily, she was able to get in for a massage at this wonderful spa near us that focuses on pregnant and parenting mamas. That seems to have helped a lot.
She's also started to feel the little one kicking a lot more. And, I've started feeling her a lot more, as well! Mostly at night, because she moves more at night and also because I'm usually chasing M around during the day. We are just so excited to be getting close to June and meeting our daughter. I keep thinking about how she's pretty much fully formed in there and mostly working on developing her lungs and gaining weight at this point. Apparently she even has eyelashes now! Here's a photo of my lovely wife yesterday, at 28 weeks. Yay third trimester!
M has been working on a couple of new things. First, he's learning how to climb! He moved on from our coffee table (which I moved away from the window, causing him to immediately lose interest) to a chair we just moved into our front room. We keep walking in there to find him just chillin' in his chair, like he just got home from work or something. Too cute.
He's also started to put two or three words together into little mini-sentences. My favorite so far is "Thank you, Mommy". I was telling him the other day that Mommy works really hard for us and we should say thank you to her. Ever since then, he's been saying "Take you, Mommy!" I love it. Another one of my favorites is how he refers to our hot tub. We take him out there sometimes (we have the temp set low for Sacha and him) and he LOVES it. We call it the big bath and whenever we talk about it, he goes "bi bat! bi bat!"
Of course, we're a little biased, but both Sacha and I think Mateo has gotten even more adorable recently. He's so interactive and talkative and fun to be around, and he's learning new things like a sponge. I need to get him on video before he learns to pronounce things any better, because I want to remember what his first attempts at speaking sounded like. I know I'll love all his different ages, but this one is pretty great.
1 comment:
He IS more adorable!
And he is just so cool!
Post a Comment