Sacha's off work this week for spring break and we're having a great vacation at home. We've been doing some projects around the house and eating out a bit more and generally enjoying ourselves despite the weather. Today, it's in the 40s and rainy and gray. I thought spring in the northwest was at least supposed to be slightly warmer than winter!
Anyway, we probably won't be posting too much this week, but I wanted to write down a few new things M has been doing and also post a video.
This week, he's learned what cuddling is. If he wants to cuddle, he will actually say "cuddle!" as he leans in to cuddle one of us. He also knows how to cuddle his stuffed Cal bear and his stuffed puppy dog. He's been showing signs of actually playing with his stuffed animals recently. This morning, Sacha said he was walking his puppy dog along the floor saying "woof! woof! woof!".
He's also become fascinated with a shape sorting play set that his aunt and uncle gave him. It has fun rubber shapes of all different colors. He's just starting to learn the names of shapes and currently thinks everything is a blue triangle. Once we get out the shapes, he excitedly says "twi-gal, twi-gal, bwu, bwu!"
When we read to him, he's started to be able to fill in the words of some of his favorite books. One of his current favorites is a Goat ABC's book that he got from his great-grandmommy. Thanks to that book, he now knows that goats can nibble your nose and loves to talk about it. This video shows him with another big favorite - Moo Baa La La La - right before bed last night:
Also, our new baby is growing and becoming quite the little acrobat! She's very busy with things in there, especially at night time. She's either having a party or arranging everything just so. We both love feeling her. Our birth class is going well, too. We have homework every week to practice and last week's assignment was to give Sacha a massage every night. She liked that one! This week, we're working on finding relaxing memories and visualizations that will help her focus during labor. We're both enjoying her pregnancy, although she has to deal with a lot more aches and pains than I do! She's doing such a great job and I am in awe of her strength and grace.
Ok, off to enjoy our vacation!
4 comments:
This is a wonderful update!
I love that Mateo wants to cuddle and that he's playing with his stuffed animals.
Whenever I read about his development, I get excited about what's in store for Kylie.
Have a wonderful spring break!
ok, i love the perfect staccato of mateo's baaaaaa!
happy vacation!!
I LOVELOVELOVE the video!! I can't believe what a big boy Mateo has become. What a fun stage!
What a sweet video. Sacha looks great!
Post a Comment