Well, I suppose you could say it was an "exciting" day at school. For the last two weeks, every few days after I go in I hear different things about what could be happening with my job. As of the beginning of last week, I was told that I would probably have a job next year, sharing with another teacher, half time at 5th grade. Well, this sounded great. I would love to stay at the school and still be teaching fifth grade half time! Yah.
But, for that to happen, two people would have to get the leaves they have been requesting.
On Thursday I go into school and find out that the administration talked with three different people and had them sign papers saying that they understood that their jobs were "unassigned." And on Friday, supposedly, they were going to formalize everything at the staff meeting. I felt bad for the people unassigned, and didn't totally understand why a bilingual teacher with more seniority than me was being unassigned, but also felt relieved that no-one had talked with me.
So far, it looks good for me.
Friday - staff meeting, they say that they are going to talk about jobs for next year. But then the principal decides not to talk about it after all. There will be a paper put in our boxes by 3pm to formalize staffing for next year.
Monday - 8:15am, a paper goes in my box saying that I am now the first person to be cut because I have the least seniority.
Monday - 10:30am A wonderful teacher at our school, the one who was told that she was cut on Thursday, has the decency to show me that last week she was offered by HR and the principal, my position for next year. This is the first I've heard about it.
So, what now? I don't really know, but as of this moment, I don't have a job for next year. I "should" have something before someone is hired outside of the district, but it is all quite confusing.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! This sounds incredibly stressful. Hoping the best for you.
You've gotta love the politics of the whole thing-- it's just maddening!! I'm sure that, once the dust settles, things will work out for you. But I can completely empathize. Try not to stress about it (I know, easier said than done!).
oh! i hope you are able to find a better place with less political bs.
my fetus waves hello to your fetus.
Post a Comment