Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jumping in

I have been incredibly proud of Sacha lately, as she has jumped into mothering three kids with great enthusiasm.   A year ago, I could never have imagined that she would be so excited about having three children, and yet, today, she spent a good half an hour describing a book she had skimmed about how three is the perfect number and all the reasons why.  I am so happy (and, I admit, still very surprised) that we have come to this place. 

Since Rosa came into our family, one of the things that has most impressed me about Sacha is the way she has enthusiastically started fostering bonds between all three of the kids.  In situations where I might have shooed the first two away so that I could deal with the baby, she has welcomed them in, taught them how to shush her, give her her pacifier, hold her, and generally how to act around their new baby sister.  As a result, they both seem to feel a tremendous sense of pride about their baby and they don't hesitate to jump in with a shush or a pacifier if they think it's necessary.

Case in point:  before bedtime tonight, as Rosa was eating and Mateo was reading her One Fish, Two Fish, Tali asked to hold the baby while she was nursing.  I thought that must be impossible, but Sacha found a way and pretty soon they were all cuddled up together.  Here they are:


I am so impressed with my wife.  With Mother's Day coming up, I have to say that I am married to the best Mommy in the world!

No comments: