Well, I got my wish. Armed with enough bottle supplies to feed a multitude of babies, I took all three kids out on an adventure this afternoon. We went to a cool indoor play park in a nearby town. Rosa obligingly slept through the whole thing in the moby wrap while I chased her brother and sister around the place. It was pretty fun to watch them jumping in the bounce house with our tiny third baby snuggled up to me. The kids had a great time, which was fun to be a part of. They've both been a little touchy lately, so it was good for them to go and just play and get out some energy.
Of course, Rosa woke up right in time for our half-hour drive back to the city. Both kids have really taken ownership of her and when she started crying, they chimed in right away with shushing noises, commenting to each other each time she stopped crying. It was so cute. I'm sure they'll all have moments of fighting, but it's great to see them starting to form a bond with her.
This blog has been all Rosa, all the time, lately, so I'll just say one more thing about her: she smiled while awake for the first time today! She did it once for me out of nowhere, while I was on the phone. So so cute. She's been giving us lots of sleeping smiles, so hopefully the awake ones will start coming out more now, too!
Meanwhile, our bigger kids have been doing pretty well over all. They're both having some adjusting behaviors, like Mateo hitting and yelling when he doesn't get his way and Natalia being even more clingy than usual (which is saying something), but generally I'd say that they're doing well with all the change. Mateo's been working on jumping on one foot, which he is VERY proud of being able to do. He's also still very interested in books and reading and would go to the library every afternoon if we would let him.
Tali is becoming a bigger girl every day. She can get herself dressed all by herself and is determined to be independent in a lot of ways, although not socially! We were looking at a house the other day and talking about how much we liked the bedrooms, and Mateo said something about how one of the rooms could be theirs, and she said, very seriously, "but we didn't bring our beds!" She doesn't miss much!
Anyway, that's the update from today. One of these days, it will be warm and sunny and I can stop talking endlessly about indoor play parks and instead write gloriously about all the sun and farmer's markets and park trips we've been having. I am really looking forward to those days, although I'm trying to enjoy these ones, too. It's just hard not to look forward when it feels like summer should be just around the corner!
1 comment:
So glad you had a great outing together.
Post a Comment