Today, we took Rosa for her two-week check-up. She weighed in at 7 pounds, 5 ounces, which was exactly three ounces over her birth weight, so she's right on track. I noticed that I also had to loosen the straps on her carseat just the tiniest bit to get her in, whereas when we took her home from the hospital, even the very smallest setting was too big for her.
So, our girl is growing! She's been drinking lots and lots of Mommy's milk, which seems to be going well for both her and Sacha. She also seems to be waking up from her newborn sleepiness a little bit more, at least at night. She's been up, up, up to nurse, and has had some quality couch time with me in the night when she has a hard time getting back to sleep. Luckily, I'm working on curbing my middle-of-the-night random online purchasing!
In other news, Sacha got to take Mateo to preschool this morning, which is probably only the second time she's ever done that. It was a nice way for them to have some special time together and I think Mateo really enjoyed it. Then, after a playdate this morning with Talia and some friends, I managed to pick Mateo up from preschool with both Tali and Rosa in tow! I was very proud of myself and glad to get the first time of doing that out of the way, so it won't seem so intimidating in the future.
In the land of the bigger kids, Mateo and Natalia are both doing some new things. Mateo's been pretty excited about math lately, so we've switched our pre-rest-time learning time from reading to math. He's at a very basic level, but it's fun to do something new, especially because he reads all the time anyway, so he doesn't need too much explicit reinforcement that way. I mean, we do read to him all the time, but you know what I mean.
For Tali, her new big thing is that she has mastered the balance bike! She got it for her birthday a year ago and refused to even touch it at the time, but somehow she changed her mind a month or two ago. Since then, she's been all excited about the bike and has been practicing on it quite a bit. Now she can go out and balance on it and nearly keep up with her brother! It's very exciting and I think it's freeing for her, which she loves, because she is a very independent girl. She has also learned how to put on all her clothes in the morning, which continues to amaze me. She has got some awesome fine motor skills.
Both kids seem to love their new sister and are very interested in her and what she's up to, so that's a good thing. I think they will continue to adjust and have their ups and downs, but that's to be expected.
We're saying goodbye to my mom tomorrow, so we'll be on our own as a family of five! We're so, so grateful to both our moms and all of our families for their support. We're also excited to learn how to stand on our own feet in this new world of having three kids! As someone said on my facebook page earlier, let the games begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment