Anyway, I thought I'd post quickly about how we're all adjusting. Overall, the process seems to be going more smoothly than when we went from one to two kids, so that's a good thing. Instead of being completely shellshocked, we're more just tired but able to roll with it. It helps to have such a very cooperative baby, although she is waking up more and that leads to more nighttime wakefulness. Last night, she pretty much nursed all night except for when she was awake and wanting to party.
That led to me being up with her in the living room for an hour twice, during which time I gave her some tummy time, played on the internet and prayed she wouldn't wake up either of the other kids. I also got this idea in my mind that we needed a small soccer goal for our backyard, so that we could all play soccer this summer, so I ordered an inexpensive one and two soccer balls online at like 5 in the morning. It all made perfect sense at the time, but now just seems bizarre!
We've had a lot of visitors in the past few days, so we're planning a quiet afternoon for today (or, at least, as quiet as our afternoons ever are). We just finally got the Polar Express movie from the library, after waiting for our turn for months, so we might watch a bit of that, and generally hang around the house. Luckily, we have a fabulous baby and two energetic kids to keep us
No comments:
Post a Comment