Who knows if this means anything, but baby Talia has done an interesting thing the past several mornings when Sacha has left for work. As she and I and Mateo stand at the window to wave bye-bye to Mommy, I usually say "bye-bye Mommy!" over and over and encourage Mateo to wave. The past couple of days, Natalia has flapped her arm up and down and said "ah-da! ah-da!" during the goodbying and waving. Of course, she won't do it on command. Either it's just a random combination of movements or she knows when we're really saying goodbye and when we're just trying to get her to perform!
However, Sacha and I realized, upon going back and looking at some videos of Mateo around a year old, that he was actually communicating a lot more than we thought he was. We could hear him trying to say things that sounded like precursors to words he started saying for real a few months later. So, we're a lot more tuned in this time to whatever Talia might be trying to say.
Whether she's actually saying goodbye or not, it is awfully cute to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment