Monday, January 28, 2008

It's freezing, it's freezing. . .

Mateo has this song he loves, that goes it's freezing, it's freezing, I hope I don't start sneezing. Anyway, it is freezing in our house, which is making me think of the song.

After tutoring this evening, I thought the house seemed cold, so I turned up the thermostat. After 30 minutes or so, Alayna asked me if I was sure I turned the thermostat up. (Instead of down). We went over to check things out and it did say that the thermostat was set to 68 degrees, but that the house was currently at 66 degrees.

Add to that that our thermostat overstates the temperature. So, actually, our house was closer to 64 degrees, which was confirmed by another thermometer.

Our amazing friend Ronnie came over, and we tried to relight the pilot light, reset the circuit breaker, and all sorts of things with no luck. It looks like we are going to have a very cold night with two small space heaters. Once for Mateo and one for us!

No comments: