Sunday, January 27, 2008

21 weeks

I am officially 21 weeks, and we are over half way through the pregnancy! How exciting. This weekend we had a wonderful time scanning a bunch of pictures from the ultrasound at kinkos. Hopefully Alayna will put them on the blog later this week.

The ultrasound was really neat. I can't remember if we wrote about it before. I think we must have since we mentioned that we are having a girl.

It was amazing to see how much our girl moved. She just couldn't stop kicking or moving. So much that the tech had a really hard time getting all of the photos she needed!

Also, she did the cutest thing in the world during the ultrasound. She yawned! The tech was so nice and let us watch the yawn one or two times. It was so amazing. At that moment, it was like wow- there really is a baby in there. I don't know why, but the yawning is what did it for me!

Seeing her move so much was nice too, because of the location of my placenta. Alayna would know what it is called, because she knows about all of those things. But it is shielding my uterus, so I don't really feel many of the kicks. I'm sure I'll be happy about that when she is much bigger and kicking up a storm, but right now it would be nice to feel her a little bit more! (Edited by Alayna to add that it's called an anterior placenta, which means it attached in the front of her uterus instead of close to her spine.)

We are going back again because they were not able to get a profile or some special heart things they wanted to check out. Part of me thinks it's a little bit silly, because 10-15 years ago I'm sure they didn't get the special valve flow measuring, and here they want me to go back to get this specific flow, but I guess an ultrasound isn't exactly going to hurt anything!




I'm still feeling really good physically. I've really been enjoying this part of the second trimester. It has been such a nice break from feeling icky all the time.

Here are some pictures. The first one is of me and Mateo. He has been really enjoying finding my belly button these days! It is so cute. He goes around saying "baboo, baboo," which is his way of saying belly button.

And on that note, I think I'm going to go to bed, because I have a big observation tomorrow at school!

1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

I love the belly shots! You look beautiful and radiant.

(And I love your maternity top! So flattering!)

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us.