Sunday, December 4, 2011

The house: living room and kitchen

Here are some more photos of the house.  I took them without a flash, so they're a bit blurry, but I think they give a good sense of what the rooms are actually like.

First, we have the living room, complete with our new Christmas tree, chopped down this morning by my lovely wife. As well, note the gorgeous curtains that Apa just put in for us.



Here's the kitchen/dining area.  It's one long room and we're still trying to figure out what to do with it.  Right now, we have the table at one end and a big open space between it and the kitchen.  Options on the table include a better seating area for the fireplace, which is bizarrely right next to the kitchen, and possibly a big farmhouse table going lengthwise in the eating area.




Finally, here are the kids with Apa!  They were all on the big chair by the fire (love having a fireplace at last!) and I thought this came out about as well as I could hope for with three wiggly children all in one place. 

2 comments:

Allison said...

It looks so warm and inviting! Seems like you're well on your way to being settled in already!

Spedvet said...

Such a great photo of the kids and Apa!