We had a busy day today! Sacha was busy wrapping up at school and getting ready for the winter break. Our older two kids were busy at their own school, practicing for their winter celebration tomorrow night (the agenda of which is highly secret and known to only the kids, who are doing a great job of keeping the secret, surprisingly) and spending the whole day there, which is unusual for them. In fact, it was the first time Tali has spent a whole day there and she did great. Even though they only go two mornings a week, normally, they both consistently have fun there. I was reflecting at dinner that the longer drive is really worth it, because both kids listed preschool as their favorite part of the day.
Anyway, back to my point: finally, Rosa and I were busy spending the day together! We went out to coffee and made some new friends, who were 13-month-old and his dad. We've seen them at the same coffee shop a number of times and finally exchanged numbers to set up a playdate. Do you still call it a playdate if the kids involved are not quite capable of playing together? I think so!
Rosa and I also did a bunch of Christmas shopping and had lunch at school with Sacha. We concluded the day with a trip to a new chiropractor, who came highly recommended. The appointment was too early in the afternoon for Sacha to make it back in time for, so I had to bring Rosie with me.
That turned out to be a Bad Move. Our mellow, easygoing girl turned into a fussy mess upon entering the quiet, peaceful clinic. She pretty much fussed and cried throughout the appointment, stopping only when I sat her down next to the table and fed her with my arm outstretched as I was lying face-down and getting my back worked on. It was more than a little embarassing, but the chiropractor was really nice about it, at least.
And, the chiropractor seemed awesome in general. She was very sympathetic about my fall, found exactly where it was hurting, and diagnosed me with a soft tissue injury around my sacroiliac joint. She said these types of things normally take four to six weeks to heal, and since I tend to be a slow healer, I'm going to assume I'll be better in closer to six weeks. Since it's already been two weeks, I'm a third of the way there! I'm going back next week, but I will not be bringing the baby with me. Oh, no. That will be a solo event.
One final piece of news: I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog yet, but we have another offer on our house! This one is looking like it might actually go through. The person has already had the inspection and submitted to us a very reasonable list of repairs to make. The appraisal came back today right on target, so now all we have to do is finish the repairs and hope that the buyer gets final approval on the loan. The buyer wants to close by Christmas or soon thereafter, so let's hope it works out! It would be a huge relief to have the sale closed and the house sold and all that.
On that note, Sacha and I are going to catch up on the Biggest Loser and have some ice cream and go to bed. Happy almost-holidays!
2 comments:
Congrats on the offer!
The girls and I have frequent "play dates." I still use the term even though they're 6-months old and don't actually "play" with their "friends"!
Lol. Jen and I used to eat ice cream while watching America's Next Top Model.
Good luck with the most recent offer on the house!
Post a Comment