Saturday, January 15, 2011

Success!

Just wanted to post quickly to say that Sacha's mom had a heart procedure done yesterday, to close a hole in her heart, and it was a success!  She got discharged this morning and was home in time to take a nap this afternoon.  Sacha went up north to help out until tomorrow, and when we Skyped with her later on in the day, her mom was even up and about.  Medicine is really amazing these days.

Anyway, we're very thankful that she's okay.  The kids and I had a good day on our own, including a visit to a play gym, a visit by Uncle Galen, naps long enough for me to get a good workout in, and another visit from some good friends, in which our kids put on their very best version of The Mateo and Natalia Timeout Show.  Luckily, we rebounded and had a nice dinner and bath before Skyping with Sacha one more time and then the kids going to bed.  Tali is still talking to herself in there, but no one has come out of the room yet, so I am cautiously hopeful that they will stay in bed.  All I wanted for the evening was an easy bedtime, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Now, assuming no crying sleep disaster occurs, I'm going to read my book (The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver) and go to bed early.  Good night!

1 comment:

Snickollet said...

So glad to hear that Sacha's mom is doing well. Hooray!

Let me know how you like _The Lacuna_. I love BK, but I could *not* get through that one. Ugh.