For once, we had a day with no plans at all! We just spent the day as a family, doing whatever we felt like doing. Sacha let me sleep in for an hour this morning, which was much appreciated (and rare, since I get up with the kids every day because she's pregnant - and I'm more than happy to do it so she can grow our baby!). Then, after breakfast, we went out for a walk that started out bright and sunny and ended up cloudy, but was still fun. I have a hard time with all the stopping the kids want to do along the way to things, but Sacha loves pointing out all the interesting stuff, so we had quite a meandering expedition.
Then, while they were napping, I went for a nice run and it was sunny and gorgeous and almost 60 degrees outside, which is amazing for January! We tried to capitalize on the weather by going out for another walk and coffee shop trip after everybody else napped, but it was getting cold by that point, and the sun was setting. So, we skipped going to the park on the way home and just headed back to the house. Then, we had homemade (well, except for the dough) pizza for dinner and put the kids to bed and now we're about to watch the first Harry Potter movie. For having two small children, it was a relatively relaxing day and hopefully will be a restful night, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment