Last night Natalia seemed a bit hot, but I thought it was just the weather. I did my trick of using a sponge to wet her hair, and she seemed to be a bit happier. I'm not sure if happier is the right word, more like a tiny bit less disgruntled.
This morning when I went in to get Natalia, she seemed really hot. . . and it turns out that she has a fever. I always think that somehow you just shouldn't get sick during the summer because of all the sunshine. I don't know why, but it seems like the sun should somehow protect you from getting sick.
Actually, there might be something to that idea. It sounds like vitamin D is the new miracle vitamin these days, and does decrease your chance of getting sick. Both Alayna and I have started taking 1000 to 2000 of Vitamin D each day, and if nothing else, it is making our bones stronger. I am really hoping that it will boost my immune system, because after this year, where I managed to go through three years of accumulated sick days in a year, I could use a healthy year!
Back to Natalia . . . I think the worst thing in the world is to be sick in the summer, or to see someone in the family sick in the summer. Not fair. Well, I think she needs some cuddles, so I'm off.
No comments:
Post a Comment