Well, our flooring plans have self-destructed. The supposedly wonderful flooring guy that our contractor was subcontracting to (I know, my grammar skills have left the building) has disappeared without a trace. Therefore, there will be no floor refinishing or carpet removing while we are gone. Except, thank goodness, in our entry room, which is what needs it most anyway. In that room, the carpet will be removed and some nice, classy, durable marmoleum will be put in. Then, after we get back, we'll work on finding a new flooring person and get the rest of the project done. We're both pretty disappointed about this turn of events, but it will all work out in the end, I'm sure.
Anyway, in happier news, we had a fun time at the park on Sunday. They had just installed a new climbing structure at one of our nearby parks and it was a hot day, so the water feature was in full swing, too. We all had fun, and both kids ended up soaked. We'd like to send out a big thank you to Megan and Apa, who took the kids through the water feature while Sacha and I stayed pleasantly dry :)
These three next ones are my favorite ones lately of my favorite three people.
Here's Mateo climbing on the new structure:
And, climbing on the older, more familiar, Apa structure!
Water!
Megan was such a good sport about running all around with the kids in the water feature.
I present Exhibit A:
I love how the water's hitting him from all angles in this one.
I've been thinking over Wendy's recent post (answering a question I'd asked about photography) and am thinking of making the first two photos of the kids in this post the centerpieces of some kind of family photography wall. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Or, any other favorites that I've posted? I really want to start printing and framing some of these, but get overwhelmed when I sit down to pick a few...
PS: We leave for Mexico for two weeks on Thursday, so blogging may be less or more frequent, depending on all sorts of things.
PPS: We'd like to send out HUGE congrats to our friends Lili, Ronnie, and big sister Eliza on the arrival of their new baby boy. We can't wait to meet him!!
2 comments:
Really lovely photos!
I remember being struck by that photo you took of Mateo where you left the camera on the table to get a natural smile from him. His eyes looked really cool. I think that would be nice blown up and framed.
Have fun in Mexico!
Post a Comment