Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Out of work for a week

On Monday, my throat felt a little bit sore and at the end of the day I had the foresight to get some sub plans prepped, just in case. By an hour after school, my voice was 75% gone. Yesterday, it was 80% gone and I really tried not to talk. And today I really have NO voice, and have whispered less than 50 words total over the course of the day.

Honestly, though, if I have to be home sick, at least I don't feel horrible! I would take this over a cold or fever any day.

Being on my own personal silent retreat has been, well quiet! The first day, although I couldn't talk, I was a whirlwind of activity. I bought Mateo two more sets of nighttime underwear, emailed the roof person, went to the library, bought a coupon book for the metro area, went through the coupon book and put them up on the fridge so we would actually use them, and this was all before lunch time! I might not have had a voice, but I had a decent amount of energy.

Today, I have been a bit more low key. Alayna and I went out for a nice date tonight, and I did lots of writing, while she did lots of talking. It's wonderful that we can enjoy each other so much, even if I can't talk! I just hope my voice comes back soon.

No comments: