Anyway, their Bubby and Poppa got them some matching shirts and even some matching jammies. I never would have thought that I would like dressing them similarly, but I have to admit I get a kick out of it. This was especially true this evening, when the kids both wore their new doggie jammies to bed.
Other great things about Christmas, from the kids' points of view:
A new chef costume:
A new rocking chair:
And, a table full of our favorite people, which was the best part of all.
This was the first year that Mateo really got the concept of Christmas and Santa and presents and all that stuff. We tried an abbreviated explanation of the spiritual aspect of Christmas, but who knows how much of that sunk in. Some of the highlights included three nights in a row of family dinners, a lovely candlelight service at my grandmother's church, lots of present opening and paper throwing on Christmas morning, and more delicious food than we could eat.
On a less happy note, Sacha's mom had to leave earlier than planned tonight to go and be with her own mother in Atlanta, who may be facing the end of her long life. We're thinking of them and wishing them a peaceful journey ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment