I would now like to award the Mommy of the Day award to my wife, who somehow managed to get our son to sleep in until almost 7:30 this morning. He woke up crying way before his usual wake-up time and I was about to throw in the towel and go get him when Sacha decided to see if she could get him back to sleep. She used her magical baby touch and soon he was snoozing again. She even got him to cuddle in bed with us, asleep, for close to an hour, which he hasn't done in months. It was very sweet and he woke up with a smile on his face.
Then we went out into the main part of the house and it was light outside! Imagine! Light in the morning! And it was sunny! Sunny! Pretty magical way to start the weekend.
***********************
Also, we had a wonderful dinner last night with my extended family. It was us and Mateo's Apa and my parents, my grandma, two uncles, one aunt, two cousins, and one cousin's little friend and my grandma's caregiver. Mateo was the life of the party and at one point entertained the entire room as people peppered him with word requests. He seemed happy to oblige by saying some of his crowd pleasers, one of which was coffee, which he just learned a few days ago. He's really started to be able to enunciate things and he can say coffee perfectly. It was a fun evening.
Happy weekend!
1 comment:
Hi,
I love these motherhood blogs, and I've been reading them for, oh, about six months, or so. I, of course, had the normal motives in the beginning, but now I'm learning so much about myself. I suppose that's why I keep reading, and commenting.
Wow! How wonderful,...Mateo has two great mothers! It, also, seems certainly clear that you guys know how blessed you are to have him. Such a cutie he is!
How great is that name for an adorable little boy? It fits him perfectly, I think! Really, he is very cute, and I think it's way cool that you're teaching him Spanish! I've always wanted to be fluent in this language!
I don't want to write a book, so I'm going to post this. Oh, this will probably sound silly, but KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Great mothers are greatly needed!
Peace,
Brooke
Post a Comment