We had a big cooking extravaganza in our kitchen yesterday afternoon. Mateo's Apa came over to make a batch of tamales for us to freeze for after the new baby arrives. We've been working on freezing dinners little by little and we think we'll have quite a stockpile by the time the summer is here. Apa whipped up some masa and a delicious chicken mixture for the filling and then we all got to try making some tamales. Ok, he actually made almost all of them in expert fashion, but Sacha and I contributed a few, too. The finished product was delicious and we can't wait to enjoy all those tamales in a few months. Thanks, Z!
Also, I've been experimenting with taking pictures without the flash (a la our friend Wendy) and thought I would put some up. These are from yesterday. I think they turned out pretty well, although they're not the clearest...
Cuddling Lucy (who he's now calling Goosey):
Rolling around with Mommy:
Saying bye-bye to Apa:
2 comments:
Thanks for the mention! I really like your pictures. They really capture a sense of your day.
And now I'm craving tamales. Yummmm
Hi,
... Not too sure of what was SAID in the post, but the pictures show a beautiful family. Really and truly, the little boy is SO cute, mommy and mama SO pretty, and Apa so handsome, and very sweet looking ... A great looking family all the way around ...I can see this by the photos, too ... if that makes sense...
Peace,
Brooke
Post a Comment