Saturday, February 16, 2008

Three words together

Last night, M put three words together for the first time. What he said is maybe not one for the record books, but we want to remember it anyway.

He woke up around midnight last night with a start and started crying really hard. I was fumbling around getting out of bed and Sacha, who is sick with a yucky bug but was more alert nonetheless, jumped out of bed and ran to get him.

I, meanwhile, having learned my lesson long ago about how horrible it is to nurse a baby on a full bladder, went to the bathroom en route to the baby's room. M heard me open the toilet lid and said:

"Mama pee-pee no-no!"

As in, Mama, don't go pee-pee right now, I need milk!

I didn't hear him say it but Sacha told me about it this morning and we both cracked up. Does that count as his first sentence? It had a subject and a verb. And a command. What more could a sentence need?

2 comments:

Briar said...

Hahaha!!!! That is classic! The boy knows what he wants, that's for sure. :)

Wendy and Karen said...

I love it. Totally a sentence!