We had a nice snuggly day at home today. S had the day off, as well as a work day this past Friday, so we had a cozy day to finish off our long weekend. Fall seems to be finishing up and winter is on its way in - we had quite windstorm today and are expecting rain for the rest of the week.
The yucky weather kept us inside for most of the day, but that was fine with us! S and M let me sleep in until almost 8 this morning, which was fabulous. Then we had a nice breakfast and just kind of lazed around the house in our jammies for the rest of the morning. Or, at least Sacha and I did. Mateo was in his jammies until a bizarre diaper leak led to a large puddle on the floor that I managed to step in. Somehow neither his diaper and nor his pjs failed to absorb any of the liquid and it just dripped right down onto the floor. After a year of parenthood, the first thing I thought after I stepped in it was, "huh, something is warm and wet like when Mateo pees on me, but it's under my foot..." I had to laugh when I discovered what I had stepped in.
Anyway, I really enjoyed having time with the three of us this weekend and today. Mateo is becoming quite the little person and more interactive practically by the day. In addition to waving bye bye and night night, he's started making hand gestures along with us when we read one of his favorite books.
And, he's picked up a couple of signs (milk and all done) that we've been doing with him for a long time. If I ask him if he wants milk, he will sometimes make the sign for milk. Then, the other day, he made the signs for milk and all done consecutively right after he finished nursing. It was very cool. I just love seeing how his little brain works. I think he's starting to understand more of what we say, which is both exciting and terrifying!
M has a new favorite game, too. He'll look at you from one side of something - a fence post, the pole of the swing set at the park, a tree - and then dart around to the other side of it, look for you, and then squeal in delight when he sees you.
At the end of the day, we nurse and read some stories and he falls right asleep, exhausted from a hard day of playing and exploring. His tired parents usually follow soon after :)
Night night!
1 comment:
sounds like a very nice week-end - Winter is arriving here too - we finally bought a think microfiber blanket bed for our bed and that is just enough extra.
Which days are the 12 hour days?\ LOVE MOM/Cathe
Post a Comment