Monday, November 5, 2007

First bday photos

We're still here, just recovering from a busy couple of weeks! We had our anniversary and M's birthday, Apa and Sacha's parents all visiting from out of town, and then capped it off with a quick trip to see my family this weekend. I had to get my yearly fix of a Cal football game in Memorial Stadium and having my brother and sister both in town at the same time made the trip very fun.

I still expect travel to be like it was before M came along, but I think I really need to get used to the fact that things are different now. At least until we're all sleeping through the night again. This would probably be a good place to mention that I did, indeed, jinx our good sleep by blogging about it last month. M has now started wanting to get up once or twice a night again, which is okay with me in some ways. He's such a busy little guy during the day that having some cuddle time is kind of nice. On the other hand, sleeping is kind of nice, too. I guess we'll get there when we get there.

All of this is to say that I feel like I've been run over by a freight train and we were only away from our house for two nights! I feel like I'm stuck on the slow setting, so hopefully this is making some sense. Before I go to bed, I wanted to post some photos from M's birthday. We did his first piece of cake on his actual birthday, thinking it would have been too overwhelming at his party, and it was so much fun. Here are some photos:

The cake before M got his hands on it:


Letting Mommy do all the work to blow out the candle:


Hmmm, what is this stuff?:

Practicing his new favorite skill - feeding his moms:



Yes, I believe I will have some more...

No comments: