Monday, October 22, 2007

Wow

I was putting M to bed just a little while ago, while my lovely partner was occupied with a student. In the absence of Mommy to say goodnight to, I asked M if he wanted to say night night to our bedroom. I wasn't really expecting a response, just babbling away to him as I usually do. But just after I said "want to say night night to the bedroom?", he started waving! He must have understood me! It was very cool. I tried it again in the living/dining room and in the kitchen with no luck, but then we came back to the bedroom and he again waved night night. It was very exciting and I was, as you might imagine, very proud.

Also, I'm hesitant to say this and thereby jinx us forever, but M has been sleeping well. Very well. SO well that he has slept peacefully from 7:30 pm to 5:30 am without waking up for the past two nights. And, has consented to go back to sleep for some period of time after that, including sleeping in until 7:30 am on Saturday. Let me tell you, when you haven't slept through the night for a year (me) or haven't slept past 6 am for a year because you get up with your early-rising baby every morning (Sacha), it feels great to sleep through the night. Or sleep in. Or (I feel the jinx coming down on us) do both at the same time. Wahoo!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

this little baby is growing into his bigger boy stage - yea on the sleep. We can't wait to see him Friday. Love Bubby