Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hello teething my old friend

I feel as if we are in some sort of eternal teething loop. He's working on yet another tooth. This will be #8 and is just beginning to pop through his gums on the top next to the three front teeth that have already come in. On one hand, I guess I'm glad that we're getting a bunch of them out of the way at once and hopefully he'll have a bit of a reprieve soon. But it's getting a little bit old, none the less.

M cried for longer than normal at bedtime last night and I thought, maybe he needs Ty.lenol? Then, this morning he was fussy and had started his old routine of batting away any food that came near his mouth while making a face that suggested we must be about to bring out some other torture devices soon. And wanting to nurse a lot.

Finally, we felt around in his mouth and found that #8, which has been making overtures towards the outside world for about a week, has finally got a tiny corner sticking through. The rest of it can be felt under a thin, squishy gum barrier. To you, #8, oh you sixth tooth to emerge in less than a month, I say COME OUT!

This ends our test of the teething-emergency broadcast system.

No comments: