Monday, June 11, 2007

Finished!

I think we mentioned awhile back that we were redoing part of Mateo's room. His carpet was unbelievably disgusting and it had to go. We went to an environmental building store and picked out some wool carpet tiles. We love the idea of carpet tiles because we'll be able to rearrange them whenever we want!

We brought them home, halfway finished laying them out, and then promptly got sucked back into babyland again. This weekend, we finally conquered our inertia and Mateo has a brand new carpet! Here are some before and after photos. In honor of finally finishing his room, only seven and a half months after his birth, we hope tonight will be the first night in which he actually sleeps in it.

Before (under the nasty carpet and carpet pad were not one but two layers of smelly old 1950s linoleum, which we also ripped up):



After:

1 comment:

Zenaido said...

Hurray!!!

The room looks great and I am sure Mateo's respiratory system will appreciate your hard work for years to come. I love the color combinations and the geometrics.