Wednesday, June 6, 2007

6-6-06

A year ago today was the day we found out that little M was going to be a boy. Sacha had a premonition right before our appointment that we would be having a boy and she was right. My mom heard a story on NPR that day about how many labor and delivery units were deserted because no one wanted their kid born on 6-6-06. I can understand that for induced deliveries, but what about those who went into labor naturally? Were they just hiding at home in denial?

Either way, it was a great day for us. Compared to just about everyone we know, who got a dating ultrasound at the very beginning - we didn't need one of those, obviously - it was our very first look at our little guy. It was just so amazing and cool. The ultrasound tech repeatedly referred to him as "he" before bothering to find out if we wanted to know his sex...but that was okay with us. I remember lying on the table and thinking maybe she just said "he" for all babies, like they do in newspaper articles and such to supposedly to refer to both men and women.

Here he is in all his 20-week glory. I think it's so cool that he still has the same little nose. I mean, obviously he does, but I love that we got to see that little bit of him halfway through his gestation. I think it made it more real for us and helped us feel more connected to the kicking lump in my tummy.


Thanks to Kraig for helping us convert our .tif file to a .jpg!

2 comments:

schmelorama said...

we were just talking about babies born on 6/6/06 today. wondering how many there were and if there was a way to find that out.

on a completely unrelated note, 6/6/06 was my aunt's 90th bday. :)

Briar said...

I can't believe that was a year ago... it's both scary and exciting to think that, in just a year, our little guy will be the about same size as your little guy is now! And of course, your little guy will be even bigger! Such a trip.