Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rosa's 10-month-old stats

I took Rosa in for her 9-month well-child exam today, only a month late, and I thought I would jot down her stats.  She weighed in at 18 pounds, 1 ounce, which puts her in the 20th percentile, and at 28 inches, which is the 41st percentile.  Her head circumference is 17 inches, which is the 15th percentile.

In other words, for those of you following along at home, she is a whopping baby!  That is, in comparison to our other babies, most notably her older sister, who hangs out mostly in the single digit percentiles.  Rosa seems huge to us, in a good way!  She's getting big and tall and she also learned how to crawl up the stairs today, which was a rather startling development.  Make that two baby gates for the stairs ordered and anxiously awaited from Amazon!  We never had to deal with the stairs thing in the old house, except for the ones down to the basement, so we don't have the right gear yet. 

Unfortunately, there was one part of her doctor's appointment that didn't go well.  It took place at the lab, where I took her to get her blood drawn for a lead test.  It turns out that her veins are not great for taking blood, which we found out after they dug around in both arms for much too long with no success and much screaming.  I felt so bad for her and was quick to say no when they asked me if I wanted them to try a third time.  Let's just hope she doesn't need an IV anytime in the near future, because it probably wouldn't be easy to get it in.  

In other news, Mateo went to preschool this morning and came back with his pants on backwards and with no idea how they got that way.  He kept them that way all day, reiterating to anyone who asked that he had no idea how they got that way.  Funny!

Lastly, we heard from our first-choice preschool for Tali and she's in!!  We are very excited and think it will be a great fit for her, and hopefully a great year, too.  Yay!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!