Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Soooo...

...we got an offer on our house!  And, we accepted it.  It actually happened last week, but I was hesitant to blog about it until today for some reason.  It's probably because the potential buyers just scheduled the inspection, for Sunday of all days, and it's starting to feel real now.  In fact, it might be feeling a little too real!  Our house is over 100 years old and I'm more than a little anxious about how it will hold up under the home inspector's scrutiny.  But, we've been living here for seven years and aren't aware of major issues, so we'll just hope for the best.  I have this specific fear that something will be wrong with the roof, but that's probably because we haven't done a thing to it since we moved in and therefore I assume there must be something wrong with it!

Anyway, the offer is a good offer and we're very happy about it!  The potential buyers are actually the parents of some of our neighbors, so that's pretty cool.  And, we just heard from our agent today that we got another (lower) offer this afternoon, so we have some back-up if things go south.  If the inspection goes well, then they want to close by Dec. 1, which gives us some time to pack and move.  We are really going to need the time!  We're pretty good about not holding onto clutter, but we still have a whole houseful of stuff to schlep to our new house, including all our furniture.  When we moved into this house, I swore I would never move again without professional movers...but looking at the prices of the professional movers, I think we may be doing it the old fashioned way again!  Either way, if you're reading this, you can be sure that we will keep you posted on how everything goes.

On a completely different note, I haven't posted many photos recently, so I thought I'd post some today.  They're mostly of the kids enjoying the fruits of helping me bake cookies, plus a few of Rosa for good measure :)











6 comments:

Cherida said...

Great photos :)
And great news on the house :)

Allison said...

Congratulations on the offer(s)! Hope the results of the home inspection are positive.

Very cute photos too!

Briar said...

So exciting!!!! I hope it all works out!

Ashleigh said...

Congrats! That's really exciting news! :)

ps. I accidentally deleted your comment on my blog. It was my iPhone's fault. I tried to figure out how I could get it back, but Blogger wouldn't let me :(

Wendy and Karen said...

Hurray for the offers!

Love the photos.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

I forgot to say "Congrats" today on the house offer!