Saturday, October 1, 2011

New and old

We went over to the new house again today, bringing a few more things with us, and spent most of the afternoon.  We even got some pizza and ate sitting on the floor.  We have the majority of the kids' toys over there now, plus all the clutter we could box up from our old house, because...

...we are putting it on the market!  The old house, that is.  It's going to be available for purchase starting on Tuesday.  Tuesday!  We decided, with some consultation, that it is a good idea to get it out there now, since it might take awhile to sell.  

So, In the spaces between kid and life demands, I've been madly cleaning and schlepping stuff over to the new place.  If I do say so myself, the old house is looking great.  It feels so much more open now than it did before, in a good way.  We aren't big on clutter in the first place, but we were outgrowing this house and it showed.  It is going to be so awesome to have a bigger place, although (#1) we're going to have the opposite problem - not having anywhere near the furniture needed to furnish it - and, (#2) I hope we don't accumulate enough extra clutter to fill up the new place, too. 

Anyway, it's going on the market on Tuesday.  The weather here is supposed to be rainy all week and the market is obviously terrible, so we're not banking on a quick sale.  Still, we live in an up and coming neighborhood that has remained desirable, so we hope that eventually someone will want to buy this place.  It's going to be hard to leave the place where we brought our babies home to and where we have grown so much over seven years...but I think we can do it!  More updates to follow when there is more news on this front...

3 comments:

Briar said...

You know, I just had a thought! You know how we lead nearly parallel lives and all? I am thinking you needed to get your short sale house first (before we do), so then we can get ours and continue the parallel part (minus the third kid, hehe!). Because we are going to have the exact same problem, if/when we get the house and can finally move-- it's 3x the size of our current home! I am thinking you and I both will be needing to scour CraigsList for some furniture, LOL! :)

Allison said...

Congratulations! I can't imagine all the work that you've been busy doing to get both houses ready. Hope that you get an offer on the old place quickly. All the best.

Ashleigh said...

That is so exciting! Getting a house ready for sale is always a huge undertaking! We are in the process of looking at bigger places, but not quite at the point of putting our current house on the market. I'm afraid of all the prep work now that we have two little ones to work around! I hope you guys have a quick sale!