It has been an eventful few days since I last posted! First, and already known by those of you following along on facebook, Mateo developed two loose teeth and lost them both in just two days. He now has a cute little gap at the bottom of his mouth and is feeling like a very big boy, indeed. He is also practically delirious with excitement about his upcoming birthday. The birthday plus the trick-or-treating is like hitting some kind of kid jackpot.
It may be because of this, or because of nothing, but this week was particularly challenging with the kids. There was much limit-testing and behavior management and not as much of the fun we usually have together. I know, everything is a phase, but this isn't such a fun one. I wonder if the kids sense that change is in the air and are reacting to it in their own ways. In any case, they have been whiny, clingy, deliberately hard-of hearing, defiant, and generally difficult for much of the week. Of course, we have had our good moments, too. I'm just saying, it has been rough and I'm glad it's Friday!
Not to be left out of the excitement, Rosa turned seven months old yesterday, on the very day that her great-grandmother turned 93! She celebrated by continuing to eat us out of house and home. These days, a typical day for her includes a huge bowl of baby oatmeal and some kind of fruit mixed in, plus at least two whole-milk Trader Joe's yogurts, plus more baby food for dinner, plus a few bottles and some nursing thrown in for good measure. We seriously cannot believe how much she eats! It is a pleasure to feed a baby who so appreciates food.
Also, Sacha and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary on the 26th! We went out to dinner (thanks, Apa!) and reflected, as we usually do, on what we did on each of our previous anniversaries. We had to laugh, because after year three, one of us was pregnant or we had a new baby in virtually every year. We also had to laugh because we were talking about next year and how things would probably seem easier then...and then realized that Rosa will probably walking and running by next year, and that we will probably look back fondly on when we had it so "easy" before she was mobile!
And, finally, in breaking news, it looks like our house deal is falling through. Yes, you read that right. One of the buyers has suddenly developed a major medical problem and it looks like they will be pulling out. It's not for sure yet, so we're waiting to see what will happen. We do have a back-up offer waiting in the wings, so we'll go about the process of seeing if that person is still interested.
I do feel really bad for the buyers and hope that the person gets better soon. I also hope that the back-up buyer is still interested, because I do NOT want to go back to showing the house again! It was so stressful to keep the house looking perfect and to keep having to drag the kids out for random periods of time while random people looked through our stuff. Just writing that made me realize what a small stress that is in comparison to really major problems...but still, I'd rather that things just went smoothly! We shall see. Argh!
At least the weekend will be distracting. We'll have both sets of grandparents in town for Mateo's birthday and a nice family gathering on Sunday to celebrate him. It really is true: they grow up so fast!
2 comments:
Oh, no! I'm so sorry about the house deal. Fingers crossed on the backup buyer. What a drag, for everyone involved. Sigh.
See you in the morning.
Sorry to hear it's been a challenging week. I think the excitement of Halloween can contribute to that, at least that's what I find in the classroom. Hopefully things start getting easier soon.
Congratulations on the anniversary!
Hope things with the house work out. When do you move into the new place?
Post a Comment