Saturday, October 8, 2011

Like a bee

Things have been busy busy around here lately.  Adding the whole selling-our-house thing to our regular lives has made everything, well, a little more lively!  We never know when we might get a call asking to show the house, possibly in an hour or the next day or in a few days.  We're having an open house tomorrow and are very interested to see how many people come to that.  It seems like there's been a lot of initial interest in the house, but no repeat visitors and no feedback from their agents, and, of course, no offers.  I'm trying not to get stressed out by the whole thing, rather unsuccessfully, and instead have become obsessed with buying a fridge for the new house.  Bizarre coping strategy, but at least it's distracting!  The life and times of a lesbian housewife sure are fascinating, aren't they?  :)

Anyway, on a different note, here are some things the kids did today: 

Rosa sat on her own for up to five seconds on several occasions, which is a new record for her.  Sitting might not be right around the corner, but perhaps at the end of the next block.  I am looking forward to the time when she can sit and play with her toys.  It sounds so peaceful!  That will be in the brief interlude between sitting and crawling, but I intend to enjoy it.

Tali and Rosa had some special time with Mommy and Bubby this afternoon while I took Mateo to a birthday party, although they spent most of it asleep.  After we got back with goody bags for both kids, they spent most of the rest of the afternoon playing with Silly Putty.  I've gotten it for them before, but they have never been interested before today.  It was pretty cute to watch them play with it.  Unfortunately, Mateo decided to open up a container of generic play putty that had gotten very sticky and probably should have been thrown out...but instead the kids got it everywhere, including in their hair.  This led to bathtime, which was much needed anyway!

Mateo and I had a really nice time out together at the birthday party.  We got some lunch beforehand and did another errand and then went to the party together.  It's rare that I get one on one time with any of the kids out of the house, and I think we both enjoyed it.

Finally, we spent some time last night disassembling the kids' bunk bed, which had been in our basement, and then reassembling it at the new house this morning.  Now all we need to do is bring over Rosa's pack and play and an air mattress for us and we might be able to pull off spending the night there!  Of course, that would be much easier if we had a fridge over there :)  I guess it's back to the Consumer Reports website for me! 

1 comment:

Cherida said...

Good luck on the open house today, and on the fridge search ;)
And congratulations to Rosa on reaching this new milestone ;)