Saturday, June 5, 2010

The day, post-showering-of-the-three-year-old

So, our day proceeded very well following Mateo's successful de-markering in the shower. I really think this could be a good game for the summer. Let the kids draw all over themselves, and then just wash it all off. Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems harmless!

Anyway, we had a wonderful playdate, complete with waffles and playground time and nice parent chatting time. Then, Sacha and I both went for runs while the kids were sleeping. It was a beautiful, warm, and sunny day and I even went out in a tank top and shorts, which was probably the first time for that since last summer.

Post-nap, Sacha set up our little tent in the backyard and played with the kids in it, and then some good friends came over to cook us dinner! In return, we made our first homemade ice cream of the year - strawberry with lots of cream and chocolate sauce on top. All around, YUM. We also found out that they're going to be doing the same urban race thing as my brother and his girlfriend next weekend. You guys, you all have to meet up and take a photo or something!

Here are some photos of the day.

The tent:

Some of the many beautiful flowers blooming in our garden right now:

These roses are our faves and were part of what sold us on this house in the beginning.









Here's Mateo next to our growing potato plants!




Swinging kids, pretending to be Jack and Annie from the Magic Treehouse series:


And, finally, I just couldn't resist putting in this photo from two summer ago. Mateo was such a little guy and Tali was just a newborn baby! I can't believe how little they were! And, of course, since they're my kids, I can't believe how unbelievably cute they were even then :) We've come a long way since then (and, thank goodness, we actually sleep now)...

No comments: