This week...
Mateo has been having his first preschool experience. He's going to three mornings of summer camp this week. He LOVES IT. He wants to go and move in to his preschool and live there forever. It is awesome. We're feeling really good about having chosen it for the fall. Many thanks to Sacha's parents for encouraging us to do the summer camp thing and then making it possible!
Natalia had her (much belated) one year check up yesterday, at just over thirteen months. She is doing wonderfully well and charmed everyone there, as she usually does. She weighed in at 18 pounds, 3 ounces, which is nearly exactly what Sacha guessed before the appointment. Go Mommy! She's 28.5 inches long and I don't know what her head circumference was, but suffice it to say that her head is growing. She's tracking a beautiful weight curve down there at the 4th percentile and she's somewhere around the 35th for height. She's teeny, but she's perfect.
As far as the adults in the family go, we're having some transitions as well. Specifically, my last day of work is tomorrow! That means Sacha has been on kid duty all week while I wrap things up at my office. This is quite possibly the worst week to be on kid duty full time, as we are having a heat wave that cramps our style a little. It was 105 yesterday, 107 today. In fact, the electronic billboard outside my office said 114 degrees, but the sun was beating right down on it. I walked down the street to get ice cream and I felt like I was walking through a blast furnace. Something about heat like this in the northwest just seems wrong!
Anyway, so Sacha has been a rock star and has been keeping the kids occupied in the basement and in our kiddie pool and in our one air conditioned room. And, we've all been sleeping in said one room (well, our bedroom and our front room together, closed off from the rest of the house) with the A/C blasting and just barely keeping it cool. Whew!
I'm wrapping up stuff at work and am so, so excited to go back to my stay at home mom gig. Of course, in my typical procrastinatory way, I still have a bunch of stuff to finish tomorrow, but I think I'll make it. I have really learned a lot at work this year and I have lots of new skills and experience and good recommendations to take with me. Let's hope the economy has improved by the time I go job hunting again! After tomorrow, we'll have part of August to hang out as a family and then Sacha will start training and working and such. We're all really looking forward to having a couple of weeks of staycation to just enjoy each other, and then to our new roles and routines after that.
Now if we could just get it below 90 degrees in our house, we'd be getting somewhere...
No comments:
Post a Comment