Monday, April 27, 2009

Bubby's 65th Birthday



This weekend I went up to Washington with Apa and the kids. (Alayna was in California with her college friends.) We had a wonderful weekend celebrating my mom's 65th birthday.

We had a wonderful time celebrating Bubby's birthday, walking on the beach, picking up crabs, and visiting our friends' chickens and roosters. Mateo even got to collect some eggs from the coop, which was very exciting to him. He also had a love bird sit on his shoulder for some time. Hopefully we will find some pictures of that.

While the day time of the trip was wonderful, the night time consisted of the kids' combined awakenings being 8 or more times each night. This made of quite the zombie of a mommy, but I suppose that is just what happens when traveling with two!

Overall, it was a wonderful trip. I think I am still recovering from the sleep aspect, so this is a shortish post.





No comments: