We just found out today that are student nanny has dropped out of nanny school. I actually feel somewhat sad about the whole situation, though I do think it is for the best. I just feel like our kids have made a connection with her and I hope that she comes by sometime to say goodbye to them. For the last few times she has been saying that she doesn't really want to be a nanny, so maybe nanny school doesn't make that much sense.
In other news, it's the weekend! I just spent part of the day observing at another school. It was so interesting to see how this other bilingual program worked. Really, all of my working in other teachers' classrooms and observing has been driving home a point to me: it's not the school that matters the most, it's the teacher. Unfortunately, you don't have that much control over what teacher your child gets, and so people all try to get into the "good schools" hoping that those schools have more "good teachers." I saw a few really amazing teachers at this school, and I saw some not so great teaching in quite a few classrooms too.
Another change for this year is that I have been thinking that in the future I would actually enjoy teaching younger kids. Before working in first, second and third grade classrooms I thought that I would never want to teach below third grade. Now I would be excited about the idea of teaching in a first grade classroom, or really any grade between first and fifth.
2 comments:
When I read your post, it made perfect sense. This girl clearly was not "into" the program or being a nanny. It's too bad that it took her so long to figure it out, but it sounds like it's probably for the best!
Do you get another one? Given your experiences maybe you could get the student at the top of the class? You guys deserve it! Here's to cleaning the cutting board after contamination with raw chicken!!
Post a Comment