Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Looking at people

Natalia is obviously too young to be really communicating with words, but I found out yesterday and today that she does understand some things we say. I asked her to look at Mateo, and she looked at Mateo. I asked her to look at Mama, and she did that as well. She also looked at me when asked, and then back to Mateo, which I did just to see if it was a fluke!

Also, she consistently says a-dah when someone leaves the house. And sometimes she will hit her leg. Maybe waving will be her next skill to learn. Alayna says that she thinks she is waving, because she is flapping her arms.

This afternoon was much more peaceful than last afternoon and I feel nicely refreshed. I had a wonderful time with the kids, we took our first trip into the hot tub with just the three of us. It was a little bit challenging to think about how to do that safely, but with the floaty (for Mateo), and Natalia still not able to roll (key for getting her and Mateo out and keeping her out of the water), it was all quite successful. It was such a nice way to spend part of the afternoon. Yesterday it was snowing, today it was warm enough that we all headed outside to go in the hot tub.

I made a nice, easy dinner for everyone. A spinach salad with peas, broccoli and tempura chicken with orange sauce along with some garlic bread left over from last night. All in all, it was a successful day.

Tonight we are planning on watching The Biggest Looser, our latest obsession, and to do the Jillian workout video. We can't watch the TV program without at least working out too!

No comments: