Random miscellany, because I feel like blogging but can't think of what I want to write about...
We watched the debate last night and I have to say, I'm glad it was the last one. Even though things seem to be going our candidate's way, Sacha and I are on the edges of our seats hoping the tide doesn't turn before election day. Bizarrely, the better the polls look, the more anxious we get. The election seems too important to wait for any longer, darn it. Plus, there's the fact that we may just have to move to Canada if the dark side goes back into office. We actually looked into it, although I can't imagine us actually leaving for anything other that some kind of actual persecution.
I am a somewhat sheepish reader of many blogs and I read a couple of posts today on late-term abortion and McCain's debate comments on the "health of the mother" that I feel compelled to link to here. I'm not sure how many readers we still have, but here they are.
http://www.alittlepregnant.com/alittlepregnant/2008/10/why-no-one-with.html
http://flotsamblog.com/2008/10/16/more-wounded-that-eloquent-im-afraid/
***************************************
In other news, we are cruising through another busy week. We're working on getting to bed before 10 pm, which is pretty laughable considering what early birds we are. We love (well, loved) to go to bed early so much that someone once asked us if we thought we would be able to handle having kids because we'd have to give up control over when we slept. Turns out, it's worked out pretty well. But, ten at night is LATE for us and yet, somehow, we just can't seem to go to sleep before then. I think it's because I get home at 7 and then we put the kids to bed and then eat dinner and it's 8 or 8:30 before we finish cleaning up and such. Then we need some down time to unwind.
And yes, I did say that we put the kids to bed. Both of them. They are both going to bed AT THE SAME TIME. I would like to publicly credit my lovely wife for this amazing accomplishment, because I did not believe it was possible. Teo didn't have a bedtime that he actually used for going to sleep until he was five or six months old and it was very tenuous for a long time after that. His sister, however, is totally up for conking around 7 or 7:30 pm. It is the best thing ever. The best. We are incredibly happy to have some of our evenings to ourselves. Wahoo! Natalia also had her first night of sleep in which she was completely unswaddled last night. Amazing.
Finally, I keep meaning to post some of my thoughts about being the "other mother" this time around and how it's all going. I keep not doing it, so hopefully saying it here will motivate me to post about that next time!
2 comments:
We, too, are holding our breath. If, God-forbid, something happens (a stolen election?) we'll see you guys in Canada....
oops. Forgot to sign out of Matt's account. That last message is from me- Annie. I've been forgetting to sign out of other people's accounts a lot lately. When I signed up for campaign updates I was using a friend's computer. So now all the emails I get from Obama and company are addressed: "Dear Brian."
Post a Comment