We had quite the day over here. Sacha had a yucky day at work and on top of that is sick. She came home and took her temperature and it was 101. So she is in bed. But only after spending the afternoon with our little people. It sucks to be sick and not be able to just crash out in bed. I think she deserves the mom of the week medal!
Meanwhile, the kids and I had a morning packed with socializing, which was fun. We had a playdate and made waffles! Then I went to work and it was just nonstop till I left, late.
After I got home, we were talking about how we thought, by the third week of our new schedule, that we would be getting into the swing of things, but instead it seems that we're just getting busier. I guess that's the way it goes. Yay for Friday! And, for Apa and our friends Ronnie and Lili, who came to the rescue this afternoon by entertaining both kids and then taking them out to dinner so Sacha could rest.
Anyway, the reason I started writing this was that after I finally got home, I nursed Mateo and then spent a few minutes cuddling him before I put him down. As I was holding him, I thought how there's just nothing like snuggling with your sleepy child right before bedtime. It is the best. I know that this time of getting to hold those trusting little bodies is going to be very short in the overall scheme of things and I'm just so glad to get to experience it right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment