Sunday, August 24, 2008

I love you more...

Today, Mateo and I were walking home from a playdate and I picked him a plum off a neighbor's tree. As he was eating it, I said, "Mateo, I love you more than a mango." Mangoes (freeze dried, mostly) are his favorite thing. Then I said, "I love you more than a plum." And, "I love you more than a strawberry."

He paused and considered. Then he said "Love you...sour cream."

I said, "I love you more than sour cream?"

"Yeah."

Then he said "Love you...shower." Then, "Love you...poo poo." Then, "Love you... pee pee." Then, "Love you...vegetables."

This, without any prompting! I had to write it down before I forgot the list. I love this age.

************************

On another note, here's our quote of the day from the New York Times:

"It's ironic - when heterosexual couples remarry, it's to new people. But same sex couples can just keep marrying each other as laws come and go." Here's the article in full.

We've been pondering whether to get married in California, which would be our fourth - oops, I mean, fifth - time at the alter or courthouse window. Anyone got an opinion? We can't decide. We will actually be in the great state of CA on our fifth wedding anniversary, so it might be a fun thing to do then...

2 comments:

Briar said...

I just wanted to say that I also love you guys more than poo poo. :) That is quite possibly the cutest story I have read in a while! I LOVE it!

And I totally think you should get married again. If for no other reason than to get another piece of paper for your scrapbook. A marriage is something to celebrate, so why not?

The Lone Coyote said...

You should do it... at SF City Hall... just like the 1st time :)

Seriously, we are so happy we did it. And they give you a very cool certificate to make it official. If you need a witness again, let me know.