We have had quite the week! With the fall arriving and school in full gear, we have been busy. After a couple of months of fruitless job hunting on my part, Sacha and I talked it over and decided that it might make more sense for her to resume tutoring with a few of her past students. She makes considerably more doing that than I would at a social service job and would only have to do it a few hours a week on top of her teaching job...so we were leaning towards that and having me be a stay-at-home mom for awhile longer.
Then, in the course of 24 hours earlier this week, three places called and asked me to come in for interviews. Two of them, the ones I'm most interested in, are today. I'm going to go and do my best and we'll just see what happens from there. Sacha's afternoon schedule is already busy, so I would have to get a great offer to make juggling that all worthwhile.
Mateo is really going full speed these days, too. He's learned how to point and also is waving more consistently. He loooves to go to the park and push his stroller around on the grass. He even pushed it most of the way home the other day, with me following and steering as we very slowly progressed towards our house.
As part of the process of learning new things, M spends a lot of time expressing frustration. There's so much to do and he just doesn't quite know how to do it all. But, he is learning and we're hoping to have our happy boy back after he finishes learning how to walk. He's able to take several steps now, when he wants to, and I'm sure it's just a matter of time until he's running everywhere.
Here's a video Sacha took last week. The cuteness is just about too much for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment