Monday, November 20, 2006

Sacha finished her Oral Defense!

This last week I had my oral defense for my masters thesis at WGU! The defense was actually over the phone, but it went really well. The first twenty minutes I gave my presentation of my thesis and that part felt a bit strange, because everyone was on mute, and I just talked for twenty minutes about my thesis using a power point presentation. Everyone on the call had access to my power point during the presentation.

Then, after I gave my presentation, the people on my committee could ask any question about my research fundamentals class and my instructional design class. I wasn't too worried, because I scored a 99% of my research fundamentals objective exam, and also received high marks on my practical application portion of that class. All the questions were application and real life scenarios, but I enjoyed talking about what I learned and how I bridge theory into practice with research and instructional design.

One of the strange things about graduation this quickly after receiving my teaching credential, not to mention Mateo, is that it seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. Understandably, Mateo is more interesting than my receiving my masters. I'm thinking that I'll wait till the ceremony, when Mateo is a bit older, to really celebrate my accomplishment. I fell like it is a huge accomplishment, and I can't believe that I wrote a 140 page paper with multiple pages worth of references! I wouldn't have believed that I could do that before I started this program.

The graduation is in February or January and I am looking forward to bringing Mateo and Alayna to the graduation and to meeting all the mentors and people I have studied with, but have only known online!

No comments: