Especially now that it seems that we are done (done! done! done!) with diapers, it feels as if we are turning some kind of corner. Of course, with all the excitement that comes with coming to the end of babyhood for the last time, there is also plenty of nostalgia. We have some good friends who have some good friends who just had a baby this past weekend, and it caused me to remember the times right after all three of our kids were born. It's hard to appreciate at the time, because all the magic and euphoria is mixed right in with exhaustion and being overwhelmed, but it is a very special time that you don't get back and you don't get to do again. I am sure that I am well on the way to becoming one of those people that go up to new parents in the grocery store and implore them to "ENJOY THIS TIME!" even as they are about to collapse from sleep deprivation :)
Anyway, I am trying to remind myself to enjoy this time right now. One of the things that helps me do that is this video. It's of Rosie on Christmas Eve, just after she received her Christmas gift from her great-grandmother. This may have been the best moment of her life and I am not even joking. You have never seen a more excited 21-month-old. She just absolutely went wild. Best gift ever! The shrieking you hear on the video is just a small part of the celebration she staged over this horse. She even insisted on opening her stocking while sitting on it the next morning. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have!
4 comments:
Super-cute video!!
I'm with you on trying to enjoy each moment... it goes WAY to fast! (But so far I've enjoyed the subsequent stages, so it's all okay. ;) )
Pure joy, all around!
I love it! Her shrieks are priceless!
We have had a few friends have babies in the last few months. It definitely makes me want a third. Now, I just need to convince Jenn ;)
I'm sure you guys have given up on your blog by now. Just wanted to say that I miss reading about your lovely family. :)
Post a Comment