Sacha hung out with the kids this morning while I went for my long run of the week. The half marathon is in a month, so I was up for 11 miles this weekend. I'm hopefully going to make it to 13 in a couple of weeks and then take the weekend before the race really easy. That's what I did last time and I was full of energy on race day.
Anyway, I had a great run up in the hills and got myself a coffee drink in the way home. When I got home, I found that Sacha and the kids had been harvesting tomatoes and potatoes from our garden. Not too long after that, Mateo and Apa went out for some boy time, Rosie and Sacha went down for naps, and Tali and I had an absolutely priceless conversation about where babies come from.
I don't know how it came up, but we started with our standard story about how babies grow in their mommy or mama's belly and their other parent's heart. We went through all the variations of that (how I grew in Grammy's belly and Grandpa's heart, how Sacha grew in Bubbe's belly and Poppa's heart, etc...) and then we got silly. She wanted to hear about all the silly places she could have grown, like in the refrigerator or the garden or in the car! She is just growing more delightful by the day and I was really glad to spend some one on one time with her.
After that, after everyone woke up and/or got home, we trooped out to visit Tali's school. It is in the lower level of a church, but it backs up to an amazing little forest and wetland area. We went to check out the trail that they hike in and to play in the shade. The kids all LOVE the forest there. It was fun for all of us, and particularly to see Natalia leading the way. I hope that, as we spend more time there, she will get more comfortable and branch out from her position in the sandbox during school hours.
Here are some photos of our gang of forest friends!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
sounds like a great day - love the pictures too.
LOVE, MOM
sounds like a great day - love the pictures too.
LOVE, MOM
Post a Comment