Mateo had his first day of kindergarten summer camp today. It's at his new school; a chance to get to know the place and some of the kids before the school year starts. I dropped him off this morning and while I know that it wasn't the official start of kindergarten, it felt like it was. It's full days all week, which he has never done, except for the occasional full day at preschool. Of course, we had a feeling he would love it, so I got over the "but he's our baby!" feeling and let him go off to have fun.
He came home bursting with stories of what he had gotten to do and all the different places they had played. This place is a fantasy-land of a school, complete with a woodshop that even kindergarteners get to use. Mateo learned the first basics of using a saw, a hammer, and a hot glue gun today! Needless to say, he was VERY proud. He brought home his glue gun project and promptly played with it so hard that it fell apart!
We are just so relieved and grateful that he will be at a school that is going to challenge him and expose him to all sorts of different things, other than what he is already good at. And, so thankful to my mom for making it possible! Today really showed us that this is going to be a great place for him. Yay!
Meanwhile, Sacha, Tali, Rosie and I had a girls' day and took Tali out to get some new sandals for summer. She picked purple, her favorite favorite color, and ran and skipped all over the store in delight. It's so much fun to see her opening up and showing her personality outside of our house.
I should also say that we had a fabulous weekend with my parents and brother and future sister-in-law in town for Tali's birthday. We had a lovely time with various family members over the weekend, and I even got some special one-on-one time with both my parents on Saturday and Sunday, which was really wonderful. Rare these days, so especially appreciated.
I love summer. Can you tell?
We are slowly getting ready for our big trip and are also getting excited for our week of family camp, which will start in exactly a week. We'll be going with two sets of good friends and will hopefully making some new friends there, too, so it will be great. It's such a beautiful and relaxing place. As always, we've been looking forward to going back since the day we left last summer. This year, we will have a four- and five-year-old on our hands who may not even need naps in order to stay up late for campfire! We obviously have a long way to go until Rosie is that age, but the big kids are just seeming so, well, big lately!
I guess that's all for now. Good night!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great start to the season!
Post a Comment