Unlike her brother, Talia has never been the least bit interested in animal sounds. I'm always amazed at how kids have their own interests at the youngest of ages, and this is another example. At this age, Mateo had a huge repertoire of animals sounds. He also couldn't count up to 5 to save his life. Talia, on the other hand, counts to 10 on a regular basis and even hit 11 or 12 the other day, but thinks all animals say "quack, quack!"
Today, I was giving the kids a bath after dinner and they had been splashing around for quite awhile. Casting around for a conversation topic, I said "Tali, what does a dog say?" On cue, as if she knew it was absolutely the right answer, she said, "quack, quack!" Then, I said something like "Silly girl, it's woof woof!" Then, I said "What does a dog say?" again, thinking that surely she'd remember this time. Instead, she said, with a huge smile on her face, "Meow, meow!" And then, upon being asked again, while belly laughing, "Moo, moo!" At that point, Sacha had come in and we realized she was totally messing with us. She laughed and laughed and laughed and so did we.
Later, at bedtime, I was doing something with Mateo and brought him into his room. There, we found Sacha and Talia curled up on the bed with a stuffed kitty. Tali was cuddling the kitty and cooing "meow, meow, meow, meow" to it over and over (way too cute, by the way). However, when asked what the kitty was saying, she grinned gleefully and said, "quack, quack!"
That, in a nutshell, is our daughter. Her sense of humor is clearly developing right on schedule!
1 comment:
Ah, I just love her. Our Teo has been displaying his sense of humour lately, too, and it's delightful.
Post a Comment