Thursday, January 15, 2009

New year's resolution time

First I wanted to say congratulations to our friends Alesha, Steve and Dascher who just had a baby last night. We are so excited for you. Alayna took care of Dascher for the morning today and I would have thought that three kids would be a bit of a challenge for a whole morning, but she says it went fine! (I think she's amazing. I find two challenging enough!)

I don't officially do new year's resolutions, but I do have some things I am working on this year. I am continuing to work on the speaking Spanish goal. Actually, it has been going really well. Except for when we have our student nanny over, I have been still speaking 90% in Spanish to Mateo. I am really quite proud of myself for that. I know it is just one word at a time. Sometimes I get all stuck in my head about if I can do this forever, and then I try to remind myself that I don't have to make a commitment for forever, I can just start with right now.

My other goals are around food and exercise. Alayna and I came up with some ideas for me on how to get back to my goal weight from before the baby. I am close, but that last 10-15 lbs. don't appear to be going anywhere. So we came up with exercising for 10 minutes a day (or more) six days a week, and not eating sugar after dinner.

My first goal is to make it for 3 weeks and then I am going to reward myself with a massage!

No comments: