Yesterday I found out that I have been offered a job teaching fifth grade at a bilingual school! It is a half time (morning) position, which mean I'll have more time to be with Mateo! I am really looking forward to spending more time with him, teaching at a school that is way closer to home, teaching half time and an older grade. I've never taught fifth grade, but I student taught in fourth (which I've liked) and have taught 6th (which I also enjoyed). I imagine that fifth will be similar to those two grades.
Here is the other thing that sounds good about the job. I'll mostly be teaching math. There are two different groups of 20 students, and I'll teach the same math lesson to each group every day. I'm not sure what I'll be teaching for the other two hours, but I love math and am looking forward to teaching math! Obviously I teach math in kindergarten, but it's really not the same thing. In kindergarten it is really all about counting and shapes. It's fun for the kids (lots of hands on activities), but not very mentally challenging for me. To be sure, it is challenging in different ways. (i.e. - management!)
I'm really excited about the job and am so thrilled to have an offer this early in the year!
1 comment:
Congratulations, Sacha! 5th grade is the BEST (in my completely unbiased opinion, of course). They're old enough to be independent, but still not totally hormonal and "teenager-ish." You're going to love it! :)
Post a Comment